Wednesday, September 21, 2005

My wife is reading crazy things...

My wife of fifteen years is leaving the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints and I don't know what to do. My Bishop says that I have to leave her for all the reasons that we know I must. And yet I love her. I don't want to leave her. But my Bishop keeps making demands.

She started reading the nonsense at a crazy website and she started believing it. I don't know what to do. I don't know where to turn. Every time I ask a relative or a member of my ward for help they just tell me to kick her out and get a new wife. I love her no matter what she believes or doesn't believe. I'm so confused.

I am not a blogger. I did a google search and found other LDS people here in the blogs and they made me create an account so I could leave comments asking for help.

Please don't judge me. And if you ask me to leave my wife please explain. I'm so confused.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bookslinger said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Bookslinger said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Bookslinger said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Jeff Lindsay said...

What? A Bishop told you to leave your wife because she left the Church? That's explicitly contrary to Church policy. Church leaders DO NOT tell people to get a divorce for such reasons. Please tell me what ward you live in and who the Bishop is - you can send me email at jeff at jefflindsay.com. If this is true, the Bishop is in huge trouble. Don't leave your wife over religious differences - that's just wrong.

I find it hard to believe this story. Sounds like the kinid of thing anti-Mormons like to make up. But if it is true, send me some details and I will act on them, contacting the Church and so forth.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Cody Taylor said...

This sounds like 1 of 2 things:

#1 Your Bishop is insane and will andswer to God, and so will everyone that told you to leave your wife.

God will never encourage anyone to get divorced. Christ Himself said that was a bad thing to do, in His era.

#2 You are looking to portray the appearance of an LDS church member, and looking for something to catch us on, so we'll say something stupid. Because saying that your Bishop and (I presume) your (active) family members told you to leave her, is not something any active member of the church would encourage you to do, if they are an active faithful member, such as a bishop...I don't know, this smells fishy to me.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home